Stroke Recovery Program
Carver Living Center understands that coping with the effects of a stroke can be an overwhelming process. The Stroke Recovery Program encourages patients to achieve their wellness goals so they can return home and regain an independent lifestyle.
How We Help
Upon admission, patients obtain the confidence and skills necessary to reach a higher level of functioning by working with staff members who use advanced rehabilitation techniques and state-of-the-art equipment. The Program provides high-quality therapies to help patients regain self-care, mobility, communication, and cognitive and social skills to become as independent as possible. An individualized private dining program is offered to maximize patient comfort. Upon discharge, our health care team teaches each patient how to properly administer medication and perform physical therapy exercises. A social worker also assists with arrangements for any necessary life changes such as outpatient therapy or long-term care.
Recovering from joint replacement surgery takes determination. Carver Living Center understands the challenges that may lie ahead. Carver Living Center offers a comprehensive Joint Replacement Recovery Program that focuses on assisting patients in regaining or improving motion in a new joint after surgery.
The Program offers:
- Treatment for partial or total elbow, knee, hip, or shoulder replacement.
- A highly qualified health care team that includes case managers; physicians; dieticians and nutritionists; physical, speech, recreation and occupational therapists; social workers, rehabilitation aides; and rehabilitation nurses.
- An individualized treatment plan based on a comprehensive examination performed by licensed physical and occupational therapists.
- Patient education. Upon discharge, the health care team meets with the patient and his/her loved ones to discuss how to properly perform therapy exercises and administer medications. A social worker also assists with making arrangements for any medical necessities such as outpatient therapy or long-term care.
Your joints’ job is to keep your body moving – let Carver Living Center help put them back to work.
Recovering from a cardiac condition is an intense process that requires patience, compassion and persistence. To ensure an individual’s wellness goals are met, and that he/she can return to leading an active lifestyle, a patient may need additional rehabilitation services after a hospital stay. Carver Living Center has expanded their services to meet the needs of cardiac patients who require continued therapies prior to returning home. Our facility is committed to providing a full array of quality post-hospital cardiac care programs utilizing the same standards and protocols for cardiac patients as the hospital. The Program’s main focus is to assist patients in regaining their independence and getting back to living life to the fullest.
Carver Living Center offers Post-Acute Cardiac Services but not limited to the following conditions:
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Intracoronary revascularization
- Myocardial infarction
- Post coronary artery bypass and/or valve replacement surgery
- Post Left Ventricular Assistive Device (LVAD) Implantation
- Stable angina pectoris
- Patients who cannot be discharged to home due to other medical conditions
A variety of health care professionals work with patients during their rehabilitation stay. This list includes case managers, physicians, dieticians and nutritionists, social workers, recreation therapists, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and certified nursing assistants. This interdisciplinary team is dedicated to ensuring all of your needs are being met to the fullest. In addition to the professionals listed above, patients spend much of their time with a dedicated rehabilitation team working on regaining skills that may have been lost as a result of their illness.
We offer specialized programs, featuring cognitive, social and therapeutic activities which are designed to increase socialization and decrease agitation of residents with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Family members enjoy peace of mind knowing their loved one is residing in a home-like, comfortable environment that is secured.
Palliative, Comfort and Hospice Care
Palliative, comfort and hospice are offered to those individuals who are approaching end of life. Our aim in all of these services is to enable residents nearing the end of life to remain in a familiar environment and to maintain their dignity while providing physical comfort and pain management.